Published on January 29th, 2018 | by admin0
Employment Skills Training Kosovo
This post is also available in: Macedonian
On behalf of German Government, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH project ‘Youth, Employment and Skills” (YES) in close cooperation with CEFE Macedonia, is pleased to announce the open call for the ”Soft Skills Training for young unemployed people in North Kosovo”.
The Soft-Skill Training Program will support selected young people on their journey to employment. It will provide intensive innovative approach pre-employment trainings to help young unemployed persons to overcome their barriers and support to improve the work-readiness as well as the internship placement in period of three months with monthly compensation of 150 Euro.
For that purpose, we are inviting you to apply to our “soft skills” training which will be held in the second and third week of January 2018 in North Mitrovivca, and be part of our internship from March till May 2018, in Kosovo.
By acquiring new “soft skills”, You are going to have a better ‘take off’ point on your search for a higher employability. This comprises self-management skills, communication and information skills, planning and prioritization, time and stress management, conflict resolution as well as CV and cover letter writing and job search skills. The objective of the training is to qualify young people aged 18-35 years in North Kosovo (Mitrovicë Veri / Mitrovica Sever, Leposavic/Leposaviq; Zubin Potok, Zvecan/Zveqan).
> Who is this training for? ALL young unemployed people from 18 to 35 years young, that are registered in the centers of employment In Mitrovica, Leposavic and Zvecan. Regardless of your ethnicity, religion, disability or other belonging feels.
> What are the main topics in the programme?
1. Personal Development (Attitudes and Enthusiasm, Learning Styles, Goals)
2. Communication (Verbal, Non Verbal, Written)
3. Team Work and Leadership
4. Problem Solving
5. Networking and Professionalism
6. Job Seeking Skills (CV, Cover Letter, Interview)
> When it will happen? The training program will take place in North Mitrovica, and it’s going to be separated in two trainings:
1) first batch 15.01 – 19.01.2018 and
2) second batch 22.01 – 26.01.2018
The internship will be implemented starting from 01.03.2018 until 31.05.2018
> What are the criteria’s for selection of participants?
– Young unemployed people (aged 18 – 35 years), return migrants, people with disabilities;
– Must be registered in the Public Employment Offices in Mitrovica Sever/Mitrovicë Veriore, Zubin Potok, Leposavic/Leposaviq or Zvecan/Zveqan);
– A high-school degree and/or degree of a vocational education and training school or completed vocational training;
– Ethnic minorities (Roma, Ashkali, Egyptians) will
be taken into consideration also without a formal high school degree (e.g. assessing their non-formally acquired qualifications);
– To be active job searcher;
– To fill the application form and declare that will follow the whole program;
In case of large number of applicants the principles to select will be first come – first served (meaning that early bird applicants will be chosen first) and the priority will be given to participants from minorities, disabilities, unemployed women and youth from rural areas;
> Where it will happen? CIVIC ENERGY CENTER in North Mitrovica. The address is Kralja Petra 183A, Mitrovica, Kosovo 38220 . The place is equipped with free wi-fi and a cozy restaurant and coffee shop which is part of the center itself.
> What will be my benefits?
– Beside the learning, you will gain skills for finding and keeping a job;
– Networking and meet new friends;
– Materials in electronic and paper form, that you can use them in your future life;
– Organized transport from your home to the venue;
– Refreshments and lunch during the training;
– To make your career plan for success;
– Possibility to make three months’ internship in a real business environment and be paid 150 euros per month;
– Certificate issued by CEFE Macedonia and GIZ project YES;
> What is the methodology of learning?
From our 10 years of experience in training youth we are aware that one size fits all trainings and theoretical presentations are boring to the youth.
This training will use methodologies of experiential learning where all participants are actively included and the stimulates atmosphere of open learning, sharing and accepting of the differences and failures.
We will use exercises, case studies from the region, role plays, discussions in small and large groups. To wrap it up – you will gain a lot more employability skills through practice, which are going to help you, to find the job you are aiming for.
> Who are the trainers? Certified and experienced professionals with more than 5 years of expertise in the field of employment and career guidance.
> How to apply? Fill in the application form and send it to us no later than 10th of January 2018 trough a channel that is most convenient for you:
– Send your interest to email: email@example.com
– Or, print it and hand it to your local employment agency officer
Choose one of the methods above and use this opportunity to do something great about yourself and your professional career.
> For any additional information we encourage you to contact us:
Marko Rakic, project coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org +381665050983
Trajce Anastasov, project coordinator from CEFE Macedonia, email@example.com; +38978201854
Project name: Youth, Employment and Skills
Project no: 16.2224.0-001.00
Contractor: Association of citizens CEFE Macedonia Skopje
Development and provision of soft skills training modules & three-month internship placement for 50 young unemployed people (age 18 – 35 years) in North Kosovo (Mitrovicë Veri /Mitrovica Sever, Leposavic/Leposaviq; Zubin Potok, Zvecan/Zveqan)
The programme’s objective is to improve the employability of Kosovar youth, therefore to better prepare young people for the requirements of the labour market and providing perspectives. It is taking into account the special needs of ethnic minorities in Kosovo such as Serbians, Bosnians, Turks, Roma, Egyptians and Ashkali as well as the participation of people with disabilities. The project also works in the North of Kosovo and in Serbian enclaves, always considering the due no harm approach.
In this manner, CEFE Macedonia, together with its local partners, will undertake the following assignments:
Two training for soft skills for 25 participants each, in North Mitrovica.
A matchmaking event where the employers and employees will meet and potentially cooperate.
Three months’ internship scheme for 50 youth.
The assignment of project implementation, will be fulfilled in the period from 1 November 2017 – 1 June 2018.
During this period the local training provider shall deliver the tasks as outlined above.