What is CEFE?
This post is also available in: Macedonian
Basic instruments according to which we operate are based upon the CEFE methodology (economies based on competencies, formation of companies), which uses action oriented access and simple learning methods with the aim of developing and enforcing the management and personal entrepreneur’s skills in the context of revenue increase, opening of new job posts and substantial economic development.
CEFE was first formed in 1980 by the German Ministry of Economy, and from there it was spread in the world by the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ). CEFE is considered to be one of the most successful learning methods for adults and business development.
In the last two decades the CEFE trainings are conducted successfully in more than 130 countries around the world through developing of an international network comprising of more than 10.000 active trainers who combined have trained more than 20 million people.
The participants from different countries in the world, according to an elaborate research of the German Ministry for Economy, have evaluated CEFE training as either useful or very useful for:
- development of personal entrepreneurial skills 91%
- personal development 93%
- development of their business 86%
98% of business owners having 1-2 employees and 100% of business owners having 6-10 employees say that revenue and turnover have grown for at least 30% since taking part in a CEFE training.
From the participants which have attended training with the thought of starting their own business 44% did not ended up opening their own business whereas 45% of them are successful entrepreneurs.
Few Interesting Facts:
The CEFE methodology has been promoted in more than 140 countries and it is actively used in around 80. Here are some examples:
- CEFE is selected as one of the main methods for entrepreneurial training in Universities in Western Germany;
- Business Startup Centre in Bitola has been using this methodology in its training for development of business skills and startup companies support in the period of 2009 through 2012;
- Baltic countries have created their own organization Baltic Entrepreneurship Academy which aims to use this method for the development of entrepreneurship;
- Brazil has more than 2000 CEFE trainers and many NGOs which work on supporting small and medium enterprises are using this program;
- Montenegro Telecom uses CEFE methodology for their staff’s professional development, etc.